Friday 31 March 2023

PFM & Iron Ora - Zombies Ate My Neighbors (Official Video)

 

ABOUT THE VIDEO:
$500 and a night terror, basically. When we finished recording the song, I knew we had to shoot a video for it. After 2 months of preproduction we were ready for the big day. 1 long day. 30 crew members and 30 zombies scattered across Miami. From Hialeah to Coconut Grove, we painted the streets blood red. Well, corn syrup and red-food-coloring red. We had 3 make up artists and 3 wardrobe stylists working in unison to transform 30 people into some scary ass zombies.

Thankfully, working in the film industry, I’ve been able to gain many talented friends who knew how to help me make it cheap and make it dope. We had 3 units - each one with a director of photography, associate producer, assistant director, camera assistant, prop master and production assistant. And my mom did lechon, congri and yuca with onions for lunch.

You can pretty much do whatever the hell you want on this planet if you… plan it. The 2 months of preproduction: scheduling, scouting, blocking shots- that was the trick to making it all happen. And if you’re wondering why Iron Ora isn’t in the video.. he is! You can find him in the background of the shopping mall scene. I don’t remember why KEMS wasn’t there but he was in spirit. I played the roll of my mom in the living room scene… thankfully I have the legs of a 50 year old woman. There were some amazing personal cameos too. From childhood homies to close friends in the film industry to absolute strangers- everyone came through.

1 year after filming, I still couldn’t get in contact with the original editor but luckily we had triple back ups and my cinema hero Pep from Hungry Ants Productions came through yet again and made it happen. Once he got his hands on the footage, he was able to edit it all together quickly thanks to the shot list. He followed it like a blue print.

At the end of the video we have credits, thanking everyone involved- and I’d like to take this time to thank them again… THANK YOU ALL FOR MAKING THIS VIDEO HAPPEN! LOVE YOU MOM! MISS YOU! - Written by: PFM | Shogun

























For more info check out

No comments:

Post a Comment